Treaty Traders and Investors

immigration lawyer treaty massachusettes

Massachusetts and Connecticut Immigration Lawyer

At The Harrington Law Firm, we help clients from Connecticut, Massachusetts and across the United States deal with family immigration cases involving petitioning for Treaty Traders and Investors.

A treaty between the United States for trade or commerce and the foreign county must be present in order to file for an E visa. Only certain countries have this treaty with the United States. Therefore, only citizens of those countries can apply for an E visa. The beneficiary of an E visa will be given a two year admission with extensions available in two year increments.

The E-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa for individuals who have a company or business in their foreign country which has a volume of trade between the United States is 50% or more in purchases and sales.

The E-2 Visa-Investors are given to individuals who invest in a functioning business in the United States.

The E-3 Visa-Specialty Occupation-Australian Aliens was created as a result of the Australian Free Trade Agreement. The E-3 beneficiary must be nationals of Australia and must be coming to the United States to work in a specialty occupation, a job that requires a bachelor's degree or higher (or its equivalent).

For further information on Treaty Traders and Investors visas please contact The Harrington Law Firm for a consultation.